SANTA FE SPRINGS, Calif. February 23, 2012 Five professional moving tips, which effectively organize residential moves and help ensure that items safely reach their destinations, are listed online and provided free by Great American Logistics , a local, professional mover for Los Angeles and Orange counties.
Whether one has never moved or moved a dozen times, it can be a daunting task, says Larry Whittet, chief executive officer of Great American Logistics .
We posted this list of tips and other information on our Web site, so people can benefit from our experience.For an easier household moving experience, Magill says to:
1. Put all of your valuables, prescriptions and travel documents in one container the day before the packers and movers arrive and keep it with you for easy access.
2. Avoid making travel arrangements or scheduling appointments on your moving day. Also, it is best to travel the day after your shipment loads and to be available during packing, loading and delivery in case questions or concerns arise.
3. Before you disconnect your phone service, make sure your driver and your move coordinator know how to reach you while your move is taking place. Also, provide the movers with your cellular phone number.
4. Consider buying professional moving boxes if you are doing your own packing. They are made to fit in a mover’s truck, so they stack better and save space.
5. Mark a last on, first off box so it is noticeable and pack it with items you will need as soon as you get to your destination (coffee and coffee maker, paper cups and plates, paper towels and toilet paper are some suggestions).
Great American Logistics recently announced that it has added extra warehouse capacity to better handle increased demand for short term storage of household goods the company now has more than 150,000 feet of warehouse storage space. The company also purchased new handling equipment to move customer goods within the warehouse more efficiently, refurbished or replaced 45% of its interstate trailers and equipment, and equipped all residential salespeople with handheld computers and wireless printers to provide accurate, legible printed estimates. Recently, the company introduced a flat-screen carton that eliminates the need to build wooden crates for moving large plasma screen and LCD TVs.
About Great American Logistics
Great American Logistics is one of the nation’s finest household, office and industrial moving companies. The company provides disassembly of modular furniture, shelving reconfiguration, furniture repair and liquidation services as well as computerized, bar-coded warehousing services. Great American Logistics professionals expertly handle all aspects of moves, including moving individuals household goods, products and equipment or entire companies around the corner or around the globe using specialized equipment and computerized shipment tracking.
Great American Logistics is located at 13565 Larwin Circle, Santa Fe Springs, Calif., 90670. Telephone: (562) 229-3600. Facsimile: (562) 926-6151. www.American-Moving.com.
Donna St. Jean Conti, APR
St. Conti Communications
Great American Logistics